Doon is famous for its food and foodies. We are always on a look out for good food and new places to eat. So keeping this in mind and with a totally foodie outlook I rank some places to have good non-veg food in the city. This list is not according to ranking or anything else. It’s just random and mouth watering.
- Doon Darbar – This maybe the biggest and the first complete family restaurant in the city which serves authentic Mughlai Food and that too at a very reasonable price. Situated at almost middle of the city, this restaurant provides some of the yummiest authentic Mughal Dishes. On, the ground floor of the historical Inna Mullah Building is this restaurant run by Haji Ibrahim Qureshi. Among many mouth watering specialties of this place is Fried Chicken.
- Rajdhani Chicken Point – Well, right opposite Doon Darbar is also Rajdhani Chicken Point. Situatued just next to the fire station, this place run by Haji Jamshed offers probably the best Chicken Changezi in town. Other than this they have various things on their menu such as Chicken Kali Mirch, Chicken and Mutton Stew to name a few.
- Bhura Chicken Centre – Situated on Haridwar Road is Bhura Chicken Corner. Though Bhura doesn’t provide a restaurant facility but still it doesn’t deter many of its loyal customers. Mainly a takeaway place, Bhura is famous for its Butter Chicken and Butter Naan!! Bhura Chicken centre can also be reached very conveniently from Race Course as it is just at the corner of the road opening at Haridwar Road from Damini Chowk.
- Noor Fish Wala – Well, this is one of those legendary eating places where every Doonite with a knack for Non-Veg food would have eaten. Situated just opposite ST. Thomas College and tucked between BSNL telephone exchange and Rangers College Ground, this small shop has been famous for Fish Pakoras for years. It’s one thing that is must on a dish of Doon list.
- Moti Mahal – No, it’s not a subsidiary of the one in Delhi. But yes it’s still one of the best places to have good food. It’s one of those old eating places of the city which have been serving good food for ages. Situated about a 100mts from Clock Tower, Moti Mahal is a landmark itself. Served with a huge variety of both Veg and Non-veg food. It is hard to single out a speciality. Everyone has his own personal favorite.
- Punjab Restaurant – Adjacent to Moti Mahal is also Punjab Restaurant. Also listed among the old restaurants of Doon, Punjab restaurant is a must for Butter Chicken lovers in the city. If you happen to be a Veggy among a group of meat lovers, fret not because Punjab Restaurant also has amazing Dal Makhani.
- Grilled – One of the best places in the city to have a luxurious meal. On the top floor of Axiom plaza at Jakhan, Grill has the widest variety among different type of dishes. From meat salads to live barbequed dishes. Grill offers it all and also a great taste. Good taste, fine quality and luxurious dining experience combines to make up an amazing place to have food. Grill is a venture of Rudraksh Hotels and Restaurants.
- My Wife’s Place – Another name in the luxurious dining category of the city. My Wife’s Place is known not only in Doon but even outside the city. Known for its amazing interiors, great food and specially a friendly staff, My wife’s place serves some of the best Non-Veg dishes. It’s tough to single out a specialty among such a big menu but if it has to be done then it should be Afgani Chicken. Situated at the first floor of the Laxmi Towers on Rajpur Road, this restaurant has been talk of the town since its opening.
- Chawla Chicken Point – Though this maybe a part of a food chain in North India but Chawla Chicken at Haridwar Road opposite Kutcheri Road has been a favorite place for yummy and affordable food for the meat lovers. Chawla has a relatively smaller menu but nonetheless quality is better than quantity. Chawla has been famous for its Reshmi Kebab all over.
- Prez Restaurant – Situated at probably the most famous and upbeat area of Doon is Prez. And it has been there before it was so upbeat. The famous Prez Restaurant at Astley Hall has been serving Doonites quality food for years. One of the oldest and the most high class restaurants of the city Prez has been long been receiving love by the people of the city. Their specialty? Chicken Steak Sizzler. A must have for anyone who says that they love Non-Veg food.
I am also going Dehradun in Next couple of day, will u help which Family restaurant is Best for Mutton Biryani in Dinner???